DBT Advanced Chain Analysis
Dialectical Behavior Therapy Advanced Chain Analysis A 2-Part Training
with Jennifer Eaton, MS, LMHC
May 31 and June 21, 2019
Location Clearly Coworking 474 Grove Street Worcester, MA Registration fee: $179 per training (includes CEUs)
Please Note: This 2-day series progressively develops your advanced DBT treatment skills. You are welcome to attend either or both sessions. The second session assumes that the participant has sound knowledge and experience in behaviorism and DBT chain analyses. Prerequisites for attending the second session are attending our DBT Chain Analysis Part One or equivalent training/experience. Please contact Jennifer Eaton if you have questions at email@example.com.
In order to maximize the learning experience, registration is limited to 18 participants in each session.
DBT Chain Analysis Part One - The Essentials of Chain Analysis: Enhance your Therapeutic Strategies
Friday, May 31, 2019, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Chain analyses is an integral part of Dialectical Behavior Therapy. Regardless of your therapeutic orientation, incorporating chain analyses as an additional assessment feature can elevate your skills. In this training, you will learn the necessary components of a DBT chain analysis, how to successfully conduct a chain analysis in your therapy sessions and to integrate other key DBT strategies necessary to reach success. These added key interventions include interweaving validation techniques and behavioral principles. You will learn how to use a completed chain analysis to identify the function(s) of your client's behaviors which will increase your success in identifying effective prevention and replacement skills (in DBT, this is known as solution analysis) with clients.
After this training, you will be able to assess any situation or incident that occurred between sessions and obtain information you may not have gotten using other assessment techniques. During this training, you will have opportunities to practice using all of these necessary strategies under the guidance of an expert, so you leave with confidence to implement what you learned. This training will elevate collaboration between you and your clients, which everyone wants from healthcare providers today.
Following this training you will be able to:
- Complete chain analyses within your individual therapy sessions
- Integrate the use of validation techniques while completing chain analyses
- Behaviorally analyze chain analyses to understand the function of the behavior being assessed
- Use chain analyses to create effective replacement skills with the goal to reduce and eliminate problematic behaviors and help your clients reach their identified goals
Advanced Chain Analysis Part Two - Taking the Chain Analysis To The Next Level
Friday, June 21, 2019, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
In this training, you will master advanced skills conducting chain analyses within individual therapy sessions and how to work through common obstacles. Some of these challenges include client refusal to engage in the process of chain analysis, navigating client's inability to access key details, managing heightened emotion escalation that may occur during the chain analysis, and coping with client's frustration with using chain analyses on a regular basis. This training will also introduce the double chain, a complicated and powerful skill that will elevate your capabilities on multiple levels. The double chain is an essential treatment technique that identifies the functions of behaviors that occur in the client's interpersonal world. You will learn how to conduct double chain analyses in joint sessions, family sessions, and the behaviors that occur between you and your client.
You will practice completing and analyzing double chain analyses in using sample case materials and role play. You will have opportunity to practice navigating obstacles when completing both individual and double chain analysis. You will also learn how to use multiple chain analyses to enhance case formulations, create treatment plans, and comprehensive skills plans that clients can use outside of sessions. Upon completion, you will leave with a sense of mastery in completing and using chain analyses to enhance the quality of the therapy and your skills as a DBT therapist.
Following this training you will be able to:
- Complete single chain analyses with enhanced mastery and success
- Complete double chain analyses within joint and family sessions
- Utilize chain analyses to help yourself and your clients and/or families understand the function of behaviors and/or interactions that occur within relationship
- Use chain analyses to identify effective skills for your clients and/or your families to implement outside of therapy sessions to reduce and/or prevent recurrence of problematic behaviors
- Use multiple chain analyses to enhance case formulations and create treatment plans to help your individuals and/or families reach identified goals