Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Theory and Core Treatment Skills
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy: Theory and Core Treatment Skills- $199 includes CEUs
Friday, October 22, 2021, 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
Stefanie Gregware, LMHC & Andrea Wolloff, LMHC
This foundational training will provide the practitioner with an understanding of the theoretical structure of CBT and the essential clinical skills you can apply in your practice.
Following this training the participants will be able to:
- Describe the CBT theory regarding the relationship between thoughts, feelings and behaviors
- List and describe the essential measuring tools to assess therapeutic progress
- Describe how to tailor the CBT treatment plan to the specific presentation of the client.
- Describe CBT case conceptualization and using this conceptualization to drive the treatment
- Demonstrate how to transition an individual in supportive therapy into CBT therapy
- List and describe the elements of a standard CBT session, including the structure of the session, how to assign and review homework/action plans, and addressing problems that arise within the structure of the session