Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Anxiety:Treating Social Anxiety, OCD, Panic disorders, Phobias
Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Anxiety:
Treating Social Anxiety, OCD, Panic Disorders, Phobias
Friday, May 8, 2020, 9:00 AM—4:00 PM
Stefanie Gregware, LMHC & Andrea Wolloff, LMHC
This training will empower you to understand how anxiety disorders evolve, habituate, and cause suffering in the patient. You will learn proven treatments for people suffering from the major anxiety disorders in children and adults: generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, phobias, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Following this training the participants will be able to:
- Describe the anxiety disorders as conceptualized through a CBT framework
- List and describe the standardized assessments for anxiety
- Demonstrate how to develop a CBT treatment plan for anxiety
- Demonstrate how to monitor progress and make treatment adjustments
- Demonstrate behavioral strategies including exposure, and relaxation techniques.
- Describe relapse prevention plans